The 5 Shareholder Nominees posses a collection of diverse experience with relevant skills to be able to place colorado in a path to succeed.
The Shareholder Nominees represent:
- A Slate of directors with diverse and relevant skills and experience, who have a history of value creation and a commitment to focusing on the best interests of shareholders across multiple organizations.
- A highly experienced slate of directors who are focused on good governance, transparency and providing management with expert oversight.
- A group that has a strong alignment with Colorado's Shareholders. The Shareholder Nominees, along with the Concerned Shareholder's family, hold a significant number of shares in the Corporation (collectively holding approximately 5.2% of the issued and outstanding common shares), meaning their interests are aligned with yours.
Shareholders are encouraged to read the biographies of each of the highly experienced Proposed Nominees set forth below.
- Mr. Travis holds a B.Sc. Major in Geology earned at UBC in 1990 and has been involved in the exploration sector for over the last 28 years. He was fortunate early on in his career to have been a team member with Keewatin Engineering and the Ron Netolitzky group of companies on a number of exploration projects such as Snip, Eskay Creek and Brewery Creek which later became mines and numerous other advanced projects and small mines in Africa, Mexico and Alaska.
- In 2004 Mr. Travis joined the Hunter Dickinson Group of companies initially in target evaluation and acquisition with Amarc Resources where he honed his large project management skills.
- Later he assisted with the field management of Northern Dynasty’s Pebble Project and Continental Mineral’s Xietongmen Project in Tibet.
- Mr. Travis then managed the greatly expanded exploration program at Taseko Mines Gibraltar Mine in 2007.
- Throughout the later years Mr. Travis started his private company Cazador Resources Ltd. which focused primarily on the acquisition of exploration projects in British Columbia and subsequent optioning to junior exploration companies.
- He is widely recognized in the industry for his enthusiasm, project management and experience on advanced projects, target evaluation and acquisition and deal negotiating skills.
- Mr. Travis served as President and CEO of Colorado Resources Ltd. from 2009 to 2018, and is currently a director of the Corporation.
- Mr. Soares was appointed President and CEO of Foran Mining Corporation and a member of the Board of Directors in November 2010.
- Mr. Soares served as the President and CEO of Brett Resources Inc. from late 2007 until its acquisition by Osisko Mining Corp. in May 2010.
- During his tenure as President and CEO of Brett Resources, the market capitalization of the company increased from $60M to approximately $370M.
- Mr. Soares holds a B.Sc. (Hons.) from the University of British Columbia and is a Professional Geoscientist with APEGBC.
- Mr. Soares began his professional career in 1983 as an exploration and mine geologist in northern Canada.
- Subsequently, he worked in the field of investor relations and corporate development, and held positions with Sutton Resources Ltd. (acquired by Barrick Gold in 1999), EuroZinc Mining Corp. (now part of Lundin Mining Corporation) and Aurizon Mines Ltd.
- Mr. Soares was the Chairman of SnipGold Corp. (acquired by Seabridge Gold in June 2016).
- Mr. Wilson has worked in the mining industry for over 30 years in geological and financial analyst positions.
- He has held senior management and executive positions in resource exploration and mining companies.
- Mr. Wilson was CEO and President of St. Genevieve Resources and Gee Ten Ventures Inc., and Director of Spider Resources.
- His previous financial roles include being a Mining Analyst for C.M Oliver and Dominick & Dominick Securities Inc., and as a corporate Finance Specialist for Thames Capital.
- Mr. Wilson is currently the Director of Exploration and Business Development of Centerra Gold Inc., and a director of Doubleview Capital. and Dynasty Gold Corp.
- Mr. Kargl-Simard is a professional engineer with over 14 years of experience in the mining industry, having worked both in technical and finance roles.
- He currently is the President, Chief Executive Officer and a director of Adventus Zinc Corporation, an exploration and development company focused on zinc and copper, which is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange.
- Prior thereto, he worked for 10 years in investment banking roles at Raymond James Ltd. and Haywood Securities Inc.
- During his tenure in investment banking, Mr. Kargl-Simard was involved in financings raising more than $7 billion, and he assisted in completing over 35 M&A transactions with companies such as Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., Altius Minerals Corporation, Arizona Mining Inc., Trevali Mining Corporation, Victoria Gold Corp., Atlantic Gold Corporation and Tahoe Resources Inc.
- Christian also worked for Dynatec Corporation in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta up to its sale to Sherritt International Corp. in 2007, both in metallurgical engineering and corporate development roles. Christian is an author or co-author of three published technical papers in the field of hydrometallurgy. Christian is a professional engineer (Canada) and has a B.A.Sc. degree in Metallurgical Engineering from the University of British Columbia.
- Mr. Cathro is a registered professional geoscientist in British Columbia and holds a B.Sc. from Queen’s University and a M.Sc. from the Colorado School of Mines.
- Mr. Cathro’s career has included work as an exploration geologist in Canada and overseas, and 17 years in technical and management roles with the BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources.
- Prior to leaving government in early 2008, Mike led the team that successfully completed the indigenous consultation, environmental review and permitting of the New Afton copper-gold project, now one of the largest underground metal mines in Canada.
- From 2015 to 2017, Mr. Cathro was the Vice-President of Operations for Skeena Resources Ltd.
- He currently serves as Director of Happy Creek Minerals Ltd., and Chair of the Board of Geoscience BC and has been the President of Cathro Resources Corp. since 2008.